Thursday, September 24, 2015

Grad School Year 2: The DFT Strikes Back

At some point, I'll write up a little something about the whirlwind tour of Spain that Justin and I enjoyed, but for now, the quarter starts today! It's weird being a second year. Over the next 10 weeks, I will have only one class to worry about, no teaching to distract me, and a whole lot of research to keep me busy.

It's exciting, frankly. I enjoyed my classes last year for sure but, thanks to LANL, I know what it feels like to just do science without other stuff gumming up my time. And I want that back. Being gone for two weeks was cool and all, but mostly I just want to return to "routine" (if there is such a thing in grad school) and dive into DFT.

The class starts today and I look forward to seeing how the class will enhance my understanding of the research I've done and the research I will do. Speaking of which, I should probably finish up the homework that's due in an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment