Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Meet the new guys

Dear Diary,

Professor Burke is taking on summer interns for reasons unclear.  In principle, they'll get some work experience.  In practice, they might try to take my job.  I've decided that everyday I will come in early and leave later than everyone to make sure that no one takes my desk or my wall calendar.

This will also allow me time to work on some things on my project.

Lucas was really nice in explaining some things from his notes today.  I learned what a Wigner crystal is!  It's a solid where background positive charges localize electrons.  Lucas used it to derive a low density limit expression for what everything should look like.  I can't wait to tell the boys back in the astronomy office that I got to work with a theoretical Wigner crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment