Thursday, August 13, 2015

Week 10: So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!

So that's it then. Dan and I finished our final project, uploaded it to the git repository (which crashed like, 16 times before everything was said and done), and had our final meeting with Charlie and Marc. They were both super cool and thanked us for our work this summer. Charlie also mentioned that either of us were welcome to come back next summer, which was nice to hear.

Saying goodbye was hard. I won't miss New Mexico all that much; I'm looking forward to moving back somewhere a bit more dense. I won't miss Los Alamos much either; it's beautiful for sure, but other than hiking and camping, there is absolutely nothing to do in that town. I will however miss the people. 

Over the course of these 10 weeks, the science has been fun and the green chile has been delicious, but above all else, I will remember the crazy camping hijinks, the late nights spent just talking about the inevitable existential questions one encounters while in grad school, the road trips all across New Mexico, the rock climbing followed by intense renditions of Don't Stop Believin' at karaoke night, and the 22 people I shared that dingy basement with.

It's been real, Computational Physics Workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment