Thursday, September 19, 2013

My little secret

Dear Diary,

I've been keeping a secret from you. I failed my first qualification exam but SHH! Don't tell anyone!

Here, they don't give you your score, so it's really not possible to tell how I did on it, but they do tell you if you either passed, failed, or should get out of graduate school.  This second time, I passed after studying the previous exams and problems from the courses for several weeks.  It was such a relief that I missed this morning's seminar on the imposter syndrome!

But there's lots of work to be done...now I have to see what classes I'm taking...and work with physicists...and not earn nearly as much money as everyone else I know who has a job...and work with professor Burke for however many years he sees fit...and write this blog...

Oh God.  I've made a huge mistake passing the exam--it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment