Friday, September 27, 2013

The bewitching hour(s)

Dear Diary,

I swear this is true:  It is impossible to get any work done during the week.  It is also impossible to get work done during the weekend.

The only time that actual productive work gets done?  A mystical second wind appears to give you a magical boost 5:30-7:30 pm on Friday evenings and Tuesdays around 9 am (this is when you fix what you messed up between 5:30-7:30 pm on the previous Friday).  Any other time is notoriously unproductive; it's as reliable as the sun rises.

Lucas had me fit an LDA functional for a few weeks now, and I finally got reasonable looking numbers.  Sure, there's a big discrepancy between using the numbers from the Kohn-Sham opposed to the LDA, but that's what Tuesdays at 9 am are for!

Paint has literally been drying faster than I've been able to work through this, but I feel like it's a big milestone in this little mini-project.  Now that we have the functional nearly fit, I can start running the programs that depend on those numbers and get to work on the next perplexing mini-issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment