Thursday, July 18, 2013

Web Updates

Dear Diary,

Whew! What a week.  I wanted to come up for a breath of fresh air and let you know what was going on, Diary.

I got to update the website!  A group alumni, Attila Cangi submitted a paper with E.K.U. Gross and Professor Burke to Physical Review A. I had to update the bibtex file for the website, add the pdf to the master respository, and pick a pretty picture from the paper.  I went with a swanky function diagram even though all the submitted figures were worthy candidates!

Professor Burke came back, but Lucas left for the week.  You know, you almost never see Lucas and Professor Burke in the same place at the same time...I have a list of questions to ask Professor Burke about the website updates, and I bet he'll want to see all the progress I've made on the research!  Hopefully individual meetings will start up soon!

Remembering back to the Burkely Quarterly submission, I see that I have not heard back.  Sometimes reviewers take a while to process the information you've thrown at them and get behind on reviewing.  So, maybe a gentle, courteous query to the editor would let me know what's going on.

Oh, and Diary, one person is following us!

No comments:

Post a Comment