Thursday, February 20, 2014

A visiting Professor: Weitao Yang! (Part 2)

Dear Diary,

Weitao Yang has left to go back to snow-ridden Duke University.  He and I had a chance to sit down and discuss physics.

It was the first time that I've ever been around someone well known who I could actually have a conversation with.  In comparison, Kieron and I have had about two pages worth of dialogue over the last year for him (which is perhaps a slight exaggeration...maybe three pages--and that's mainly because I haven't had any real results yet).

Anyway, we discussed gaps and my previous research!  He was interested in double excitations (which he graciously spoke to us at the joint Group meeting between Professor Furche's group and our own).  He was really nice!  And really smart!

Wow!  That was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment