Monday, May 12, 2014

Jury Dutied

Dear Diary,

I got the be a juror for exactly no time at all!  My duty as a citizen is fulfilled!

I got up really early to head to the courthouse.  My very gracious roommate let me borrow his car, and I ambled up to the courthouse.  Everyone was really nice who worked there.

A judge led the opening announcement and has some interesting facts:
  1. There are more people living in Orange County than there were in the 13 original colonies.  This makes jury service a bit different from how it was originally conceived.
  2. The courts count on you to get it right!
  3. About 6-8 people per year get married after meeting on jury duty.  So, keep your eyes peeled!
As it turns out, they didn't call my name and I went home.  That was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment