Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March Meeting: Back to the DFT

Dear Diary,

I returned to the DFT to meet some people.  By now, I'm exhausted.  My legs ache from so much standing.

Maybe I'm not getting up and moving around enough at work...

Lots of the alumni complemented me on my talk.  Hopefully Kieron agrees.  Some in the group suggest that I misheard the questions.  That's entirely possible, I was under pressure.

I'll try and learn from this for next time.

There was a Jazz band playing an a welcoming reception.  They were good and I got to meet a lot of people.  Sometimes it only takes going to a whole new city to meet someone who's just down the hall.  Julia, a graduate student almost across from me, brought a friend.  We all had a good time.

Went to dinner with Meghan and some other people and then back to the hotel...and that was just Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment