Monday, March 17, 2014

Yo-ho-ho, a scientist's life for me

Dear Diary,

I submitted the second (of 2) papers to PRL today.  Further, the final, last gasp review for the other one is in!  Soon we'll see if it's rejected (most likely--and, if so, we have to submit for another grueling review process at another journal...).

I got some very nice comments from Kieron and the host of my previous advisor's sabbatical on the writing of this current one.  In truth, I have to credit my previous advisor with making that paper shine...we really want this thing and I think this one has a chance.

Now we get to see if the editors even send this current paper out for review (PRL will now reject automatically ~20% of the initial submissions without review)...what sort of reaction the reviewers have to it...the inevitable email from someone seeing it on the arXiv and claiming they did it first even if it's totally unrelated...then we have to resubmit (probably)...

...oh boy...

Well, this is life now.  It's a series of tasks distracting you from the physics so you can apply for funding, publications, etc.  Who knows, maybe this one will go through (?).  I guess there is a Higgs boson talk tomorrow...

...oh boy...

And I guess I can't wait to submit one of these things with Kieron...

...oh boy...

Back to the calculation Kieron suggested...Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment