Saturday, March 15, 2014

Physics Kyptonite

Dear Diary,

I got word today that my fellowship did not go through.  One more rejection on the tally. This particular fellowship also came with extra course requirements which I now don't have to fulfill (I'm trying to look on the bright side).  So, I dropped the General Relativity offered next quarter and will focus on what's in front of me.

One should not get too invested in this decision.  There's a lot of politics involved in these decisions and it could be that I just wasn't what they were looking for.  But that doesn't mean the project we submitted for isn't interesting or that we can't do it.  It's not useful, nor does it make me happy, to dwell on it.

Kieron had vaguely asked me what my plans were for the remainder of my time here, and I guess I had made this decision a milestone in that.  Full thoughts on that later.

Time to generate a plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment