Friday, March 21, 2014

March Meeting: Meghan's Research

Dear Diary,

Raphael is next.  While he was having some technical difficulties, I asked Meghan about her research.

She looks at Uranium compounds that have a single electron in the 5f orbital.  They are strongly correlated and apply to many systems.  Such a sloshing back and forth of the initial trial wave function is a common problem.  Maybe what we're presenting will help her!

Kieron indicates that I should go up to the front.  Was Raphael in trouble?  I took all the tech goodies I brought with me (laser pointer, Thunderport dongle, computer), but the session chair and Raphael just looked at me, confusingly.  The screen finally showed Raphael's presentation and my work was finished. I took everything back to my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment