Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Machine is Learning!

Dear Diary,

I just started an epic odyssey of calculation.  I submitted 400 jobs that take between 60 hours and 200 hours to complete (each).  I have to wait until they're done before sending the data to Li.

To make matter worse, there is a small bug in the code.  An error will randomly be thrown based on how the matrices are called through a random number generator storage.  This is more likely to happen the longer the code runs.  I'll have to check back periodically to see if everything runs smoothly.

Another reason is that I need 8 cores (or spend a crazy amount of time computing), but a lot of jobs in the queue need just one, so my priority goes down.

Ok, well, now that I have all this free time...I guess I'll go do that pen and paper thing Kieron gave me. Oh, and buy cookies for the group meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment