Sunday, March 30, 2014

March Meeting: Thursday Evening

Dear Diary,

Later that day...

...some more DFT, etc.  I wound up talking with Rudy about some similar things he had to do for Kieron and had some good suggestions.  I only spoke to Adam Wasserman briefly.  And then I sat in a session where I heard about a workshop on quantum Monte Carlo codes.  I'll have to swing that by Kieron.

I saw Meghan speak, she did a good job.  She got some questions at the end.  I also went to Preston's poster and had a really cool conversation about SQUID noise!

I cornered Miles after his talk to get on the same page with the stuff we're working on.  I also ran into Claire who, a few months ago at the regional APS meeting, heard my sales pitch for Irvine.  It turns out that she got into MIT, Urbana-Champaign, and UC Santa Barbara, so she's deciding between those.

Some people make it look easy!

We also ran into a poor guy on the street who needed some gas money.  I gave him twenty dollars since he was a veteran, and I felt like he deserved it.  The only problem is that when I usually take money out of my wallet, I need it later...

But I think I did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment