Monday, March 31, 2014

March Meeting: Friday

Dear Diary,

I'm exhausted.  I'm going to continue doing something scientific, but not a science meeting.

I'm headed to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.  It is great!  And it's even better if you're a little kid (~12)!  They even had an exhibit that was (sort of...not really) closely related to what we do:  crystals from caves!

They have a lot of cool space stuff including a sand box that you shoot ball bearings at to simulate asteroid collisions.  They're photographed with high speed cameras!

Lots of cool bones are around the museum too including one of a prehistoric whale hanging from the ceiling.

It turns out that I had just enough money to get there, but I was twenty cents short on a bus right home.  So, I walked the four miles back to the hotel.  My shoes were soaked in a beautiful, wet snow storm. I guess I was right about the twenty dollar loss, but I still feel like I did the right thing.

I read on the internet that cramming the ends of a towel into your shoes and wrapping the rest around the outside dries them out in 1.5 hours.  Turns out it was right!

I have the plane flight tomorrow morning and I think I'll take a nap, read a little, and call it a conference well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment